Do you want to become part of the 14th edition of Kinofilm Festival 2017?
We are urgently seeking volunteers to help with the planning of the 2017 short film festival, with programming, social media, marketing, sponsorship, photography and filming, and helping us to strengthen our links with Universities creating new partnerships and developing new audiences for our upcoming festival 20th – 26th November this year.
We are looking for new ideas to bring into the arena and if you are someone interested to become involved in event management, festival planning and programming, we want to hear from you now, so do get in touch with us – but note, we do need people with time on their hands to help from now and during the festival:
If you would like to get involved now, we urgently need Programming and Office Assistants to help the liaising with and confirming with filmmakers the delivery of their films and all such materials needed the festival.
There are lots more roles to fill so please get in touch with us sending a general letter with your general availability, area of interest, your skills and CV. Also please get in touch if you would be help out on the actual festival in November as we are recruiting now. See below for some of the roles we need to fill. We look forward to hear from you.
To become part of Kinofilm 2017. Please sign up to become a volunteer here:
***UPDATE 12/10 – URGENTLY REQUIRED: Poster Graphic Designer; Print Copy Coordinator: Web Master.***
Take a quick glance of the roles available and please let us know if you have preference of any of the following roles.
Pre Festival planning (require time commitment of 3 days per week)
Guest Services Officer Jury Liaison Officer
Venue Liaison Officer
Press Marketing Officer
Assistant to Festival Director
Assistant to Festival Manager
Festival Week (Flexible shifts/hours)
Festival Hub Manager (Minimum 3-4 days requirement)
Jury Liaison Assistant (Minimum 3-4 days requirement)
Guest Liaison Assistant(Minimum 3-4 days requirement) Festival Hub Assistant
Box Office assistants
General Festival Assistants
Social Media Assistants Festival Bloggers
UPDATE 12/10 – URGENTLY REQUIRED: Poster Graphic Designer; Print Copy Coordinator: Web Master;
More details of roles below:
– Guest and Filmmaker Coordinator: The successful candidate for this crucial and important role in the festival should have some previous experience working on a film festival or of a similar role in any festivals and/or events.
– Venue Coordinator: Would you like to plan and organise the festival venues? We are currently looking for just one or two volunteers to plan and manage the festival tickets and venue bookings etc.
– Press, marketing and social media guru: From leafleting to social media, press, graphic design and website editing – our marketing teams are always looking for people to help with publicity and social media marketing.
Festival Event volunteers:
– Venue Assistants: These volunteers help usher and run the individual screenings of the festival, assisting the Venue Coordinators in any way necessary. Excellent customer service skills and a passion for cinema are a must.
– Venue technical operators: Could you get involved in projecting films at our events? We have a limited number of technical operators available at the moment. You will work in a team to ensure on-time screenings at various venues around Manchester.
– Filmmakers: Could you help to run a filmmaking workshop or organise a ‘meet the industry’ day or similar event to inspire new filmmakers?
– Festival Runners and Stewards: Reporting directly to the Festival Managers, you will be assigned a variety of tasks to assist with the smooth running and operation of the festival. An ability to think on your feet and boundless energy are required.
– Film Crews: We are looking for film production teams who can create videos documenting festival events — this includes filming, presenting and editing videos for the festival from start to finish.
– Festival photographers: As a photographer you will cover a range of screenings, Q&As and events. You will create a selection of photographs to be used in social media, publications and promotions for the festival.
Or please sign up to become a volunteer here: