Do you want to become part of the 15th edition of Kinofilm Festival 2018?
Kinofilm™ & Manchester International Film Festival ® is currently looking for volunteers with various interests and skills. As we are a non-profit film festival, we would not be able to keep our unique reputation for showcasing some of the best international animation and short films without the hard work and enthusiasm of our committed team of volunteers. We are looking for keen volunteers to get involved in the planning now and also volunteers for the festival week. The festival takes place this year from 24th Nov – 2nd Dec.
Pre-Festival planning volunteers
Please let us know if you have preference of any of the following roles.
Pre Festival planning (require time commitment of 3 days per week) Interested in these roles? Email the Festival Director stating your interest and commitment. firstname.lastname@example.org
Guest and Jury Services Officer
Social Media Officer
Press Marketing Officer
Assistant to Festival Director
Assistant to Festival Manager
Festival Week (Flexible shifts/hours) – Interested in These Roles? Fill in this Form
Festival Hub Manager (Full time requirement)
Festival Hub Assistant (2 part time)
Jury Liaison (Minimum 3-4 days requirement)
Guest Liaison (Minimum 3-4 days requirement)
Box Office assistants
General Festival Assistants
Social Media Assistants
– Guest and Filmmaker Coordinator: The successful candidate for this crucial and important role in the festival should have some previous experience working on a film festival or of a similar role in any festivals and/or events.
– Venue Coordinator: Would you like to plan and organise the festival venues? We are currently looking for just one or two volunteers to plan and manage the festival tickets and venue bookings etc.
– Press, marketing and social media guru: From leafleting to social media, press, graphic design and website editing – our marketing teams are always looking for people to help with publicity and social media marketing.
– Venue Assistants: These volunteers help usher and run the individual screenings of the festival, assisting the Venue Coordinators in any way necessary. Excellent customer service skills and a passion for cinema are a must.
– Venue technical operators: Could you get involved in projecting films at our events? We have a limited number of technical operators available at the moment. You will work in a team to ensure on-time screenings at various venues around Manchester.
– Filmmakers: Could you help to run a filmmaking workshop or organise a ‘meet the industry’ day or similar event to inspire new filmmakers?
– Festival Runners and Stewards: Reporting directly to the Festival Managers, you will be assigned a variety of tasks to assist with the smooth running and operation of the festival. An ability to think on your feet and boundless energy are required.
– Film Crews: We are looking for film production teams who can create videos documenting festival events — this includes filming, presenting and editing videos for the festival from start to finish.
– Festival photographers: As a photographer you will cover a range of screenings, Q&As and events. You will create a selection of photographs to be used in social media, publications and promotions for the festival.