Would you like to be part of the 16th edition of Kinofilm Festival 2020?
Kinofilm™ & Manchester International Film Festival ® is currently looking for volunteers with various interests and skills. As we are a non-profit film festival, we would not be able to keep our unique reputation for showcasing some of the best international short films and animation without the hard work and enthusiasm of our committed team of volunteers. We are looking for keen volunteers to get involved in the pre-festival month (from now) and also volunteers for the festival week. The festival takes place this year from 21st – 29th March 2020.
Pre-Festival planning volunteers
Please let us know if you have preference of any of the following roles.
Pre Festival planning (require time commitment of a minimum 3 days per week) Interested in any of these roles? The please email the Festival Director stating your interest and commitment. firstname.lastname@example.org
Guest and Jury Services Officer (required immediately)
Social Media Assistant
Press Marketing Officer (required immediately)
Assistant to Festival Director
Assistant to Festival Manager
Urgently Required – creative and physical volunteers to help with building our pop-up cinema for the Festival
We recently lost our main Festival venue in the city so we found this wonderful old bank building in the Withington village part of South Manchester were we are going to make our Festival Home this year. With the kind permission of the owners we want to build a pop-up cinema in the space with a Festival Bar attached to it. We urgently need both creative and physically able volunteers to help us create a unique pop-up cinema in the space for the duration of the Festival . If you think you are right for this project, would like to make an input of your ideas or simply want to get involved, then we urgently need you to help from mid March to clean, create and transform this unique space. Let us know if you want to help! Drinks and food provided during the fit out.
Festival Week (Flexible shifts/hours) – Interested in These Roles? Please click Here to Fill in this Form and Register Your Interest.
Festival Venue Manager (Full time requirement)
Festival Venue Assistants (part time)
Jury Liaison (Minimum 3-4 days requirement)
Guest Liaison (Minimum 3-4 days requirement)
Box Office assistants
General Festival Assistants
Social Media Assistants
– Guest and Filmmaker Coordinator: The successful candidate for this crucial and important role in the festival should have some previous experience working on a film festival or of a similar role in any festivals and/or events. You will be around the festival most of the time and be the first point of contact assisting and giving advise to visiting filmmakers.
– Venue Coordinator: Would you like to plan and organise the festival venues? We are currently looking for just one or two full time volunteers to help manage festival venues, and manage the festival tickets sales via Box Office. You should have experience of cash handling and managing other volunteer assistants.
– Press, marketing and social media guru: From leafleting to social media, press, graphic design and website editing – our marketing teams are always looking for people to help with publicity, contacting press and sending our press releases, leaflet distribution and social media marketing.
– Venue Assistants: These volunteers help usher and run the individual screenings of the festival, assisting the Venue Coordinators in any way necessary. Excellent customer service skills and a passion for cinema and short film are a must. You should be cheerful, enthusiastic and have a excellent confident personality.
– Venue technical operators: Could you get involved in projecting films at our events? We need a limited number of technical operators available to run the screening. You will work in a team to ensure on-time screenings at various venues around Manchester. You should be tech savvy.
– Filmmakers and Producers: Could you help to run a filmmaking workshop or organise a ‘meet the industry’ day or similar event to inspire new filmmakers? Please come and talk to us about what ideas you have and lets see how we can put them into action.
– Festival Runners and Stewards: Reporting directly to the Festival Managers, you will be assigned a variety of tasks to assist with the smooth running and operation of the festival. An ability to think on your feet and boundless energy are required.
– Film Crews: We are looking for film production teams who can create videos documenting festival events — this includes filming, presenting and editing videos for the festival from start to finish.
– Festival photographers: As a photographer you will cover a range of screenings, Q&As and events. You will create a selection of photographs to be used in social media, publications and promotions for the festival.