It is with regret that due to the worsening situation with the second wave of Covid-19 in the UK and particularly in the North West of England, it has become impossible for us to carry on planning for the revised dates of the festival which was due to take place late November. We have no option therefor to postpone the festival for the second time until the situation improves. Though a couple of our venues are reopening they can only play to a very limited audience of 30% and as we use smaller fringe venues it is just not feasible to present the Festival at this time.
Plus the situation over the next two months is facing grave uncertainty with the threat of further regional lockdowns. We also have to take the health and safety of our team of volunteers and our audiences into consideration and we consider the risks are just too great.
We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience but we are sure you will agree that this is the only sensible thing to do in the current situation. We hope to present the festival late February 2021 and we will be working towards these dates and our plan B of presenting the festival online as many other festivals have done. Thank you for your understanding.
In the meantime, wherever you are, we hope you stay safe and healthy, and if you feel confident to do so, please support your local cinema.

Share this:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.